Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Look what I made!

A superflower's super power is its super sour super glower.

My plan for today was to post a sort of timeline of the shirts I've made (and by "made" I of course just mean "purchased and drawn all over").  I was going to start with the giraffe one that I drew in Sharpie (which was surprisingly not as permanent as I expected permanent markers to be.  After the first wash, my giraffe was considerably less yellow, while the rest of the T-shirt was considerably more yellow.  But Sharpies never claimed to be fabric markers, so who am I to complain?).  Then I was going to show my other shirts, made with actual fabric markers.

The problem is that while I remembered to bring my camera up here when I moved, I seem to have forgotten to bring my camera's battery charger.

And so my plans were dashed to the ground.

I tried taking all the pictures with my computer's camera, but they were all ugly, and I'm a quitter.  So I'm just going to limit myself to showing off my Superflower until I manage to  either replace or transport my camera's battery charger.

In other news, I believe that this is one of my first computer drawings that made me realize that I'm fond of a-doodling:
I didn't used to (..."didn't used to"?  ..."didn't use to"?  That sentence structure is weird-looking written down.) understand written music (and, really, I still don't) and I didn't realize the lines behind the notes were actually sort of important.  I'd also always draw the notes backwards, thinking they looked prettier that way.  Then my mom (who sings and can read music) would laugh at my drawings because they made no sense musically.  And that is how I learned the very very basics of what those dots on those lines in those books on the bookshelf meant, and it is also why I can sort of kind of play Yankee Doodle very slowly on the piano today!

No comments:

Post a Comment